Here are a number of things we would like to see for handling situations in the OpenNMS Web UI.
1) The landing page (/opennms/index.jsp) should include a new "Situations with Pending Problems" box similar to existing "Nodes with Pending Problems".
This box should show the list of unacknowledged situations sorted by severity and number of related alarms.
The label for the situation should be of the form:
Situation [in Location]? affecting [X nodes]? having K alarms
- The location is displayed only if it is not the default location
- X - The number of nodes if displayed only if the situation is affected > 1 node
- K is the number of related alarms
2) Clicking on the situation from the box should take us to the alarm list (/opennms/alarm/index.htm), filtered for that specific situation and for alarms contained in the situation
3) It should also be possible to filter the alarm list to only display situations
4) When viewing a situation in the alarm details page, it should show:
- A list of the related alarms including the last event time, the event label and the log message
5) When viewing a alarm that is contained in a situation in the alarms details page, it should contain a link to the detail page of it's parent.