While attempting to reproduce HELM-91, I tried setting up a clean OpenNMS with telemetry enabled, but no nodes or data. When I try a simple curl to list the contents, I get a NullPointerException:
Steps to reproduce:
- Build OpenNMS from develop
- Enable telemetryd netflow 5 support
- Download & install elasticsearch 6.2.4 and install the drift elasticsearch plugin
- Start elasticsearch
- Start opennms
In this state, it throws an NPE hitting the exporters url. It also does so after I import some nodes (but still have no flow data). It also still does it if I restart OpenNMS, so it's not just that the failure is cached somehow.