Uploaded image for project: 'OpenNMS'
  1. OpenNMS
  2. NMS-10309

KSC Report Changes Destroys Existing Reports

    XMLWordPrintable

    Details

    • Type: Bug
    • Status: Closed (View Workflow)
    • Priority: Major
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • Affects Version/s: Meridian-2018.1.0
    • Fix Version/s: Meridian-2018.1.0
    • Component/s: Web UI - Reporting
    • Security Level: Default (Default Security Scheme)
    • Labels:
      None
    • Sprint:
      Horizon - August 8th 2018

      Description

      I found this on the Meridian 2018 release candidate.

      I have a "Drinks" KSC report that lists the number of drinks available in each slot of the drink machine. It has this format:

      <Report id="1" title="Drinks" show_timespan_button="true" show_graphtype_button="false" graphs_per_line="2">
      <Graph title="OpenNMS Drink Machine Slot 10" resourceId="node[OpenNMS+Servers%3A1506537090950].nodeSnmp[]" timespan="1_day" graphtype="drink.slot010"/>
      <Graph title="OpenNMS Drink Machine Slot 11" resourceId="node[OpenNMS+Servers%3A1506537090950].nodeSnmp[]" timespan="1_day" graphtype="drink.slot011"/>
      <Graph title="OpenNMS Drink Machine Slot 12" resourceId="node[OpenNMS+Servers%3A1506537090950].nodeSnmp[]" timespan="1_day" graphtype="drink.slot012"/>
      <Graph title="OpenNMS Drink Machine Slot 13" resourceId="node[OpenNMS+Servers%3A1506537090950].nodeSnmp[]" timespan="1_day" graphtype="drink.slot013"/>
      <Graph title="OpenNMS Drink Machine Slot 14" resourceId="node[OpenNMS+Servers%3A1506537090950].nodeSnmp[]" timespan="1_day" graphtype="drink.slot014"/>
      <Graph title="OpenNMS Drink Machine Slot 15" resourceId="node[OpenNMS+Servers%3A1506537090950].nodeSnmp[]" timespan="1_day" graphtype="drink.slot015"/>
      <Graph title="OpenNMS Drink Machine Slot 16" resourceId="node[OpenNMS+Servers%3A1506537090950].nodeSnmp[]" timespan="1_day" graphtype="drink.slot016"/>
      <Graph title="OpenNMS Drink Machine Slot 17" resourceId="node[OpenNMS+Servers%3A1506537090950].nodeSnmp[]" timespan="1_day" graphtype="drink.slot017"/>
      <Graph title="OpenNMS Drink Machine Slot 18" resourceId="node[OpenNMS+Servers%3A1506537090950].nodeSnmp[]" timespan="1_day" graphtype="drink.slot018"/>
      <Graph title="OpenNMS Drink Machine Slot 19" resourceId="node[OpenNMS+Servers%3A1506537090950].nodeSnmp[]" timespan="1_day" graphtype="drink.slot019"/>
      </Report>

      After recently upgrading, I went to that report. Nine of the headers displayed, but no graphs. Thinking there was an issue with my connection to the webUI, I refreshed the page. Then I had eight headers but no graphs. I refreshed eight more times and then all the graphs had been removed from the report.

      I verified this was the case by looking at the xml file.

      When I recreated the report manually, the format for the resource was different:

      <Report id="1" title="Drinks" show_timespan_button="true" show_graphtype_button="false" graphs_per_line="2">
      <Graph title="OpenNMS Drink Machine Slot 10" resourceId="node[OpenNMS Servers:1506537090950].nodeSnmp[]" timespan="1_day" graphtype="drink.slot010"/>
      <Graph title="OpenNMS Drink Machine Slot 11" resourceId="node[OpenNMS Servers:1506537090950].nodeSnmp[]" timespan="1_day" graphtype="drink.slot011"/>
      <Graph title="OpenNMS Drink Machine Slot 12" resourceId="node[OpenNMS Servers:1506537090950].nodeSnmp[]" timespan="1_day" graphtype="drink.slot012"/>
      <Graph title="OpenNMS Drink Machine Slot 13" resourceId="node[OpenNMS Servers:1506537090950].nodeSnmp[]" timespan="1_day" graphtype="drink.slot013"/>
      <Graph title="OpenNMS Drink Machine Slot 14" resourceId="node[OpenNMS Servers:1506537090950].nodeSnmp[]" timespan="1_day" graphtype="drink.slot014"/>
      <Graph title="OpenNMS Drink Machine Slot 15" resourceId="node[OpenNMS Servers:1506537090950].nodeSnmp[]" timespan="1_day" graphtype="drink.slot015"/>
      <Graph title="OpenNMS Drink Machine Slot 16" resourceId="node[OpenNMS Servers:1506537090950].nodeSnmp[]" timespan="1_day" graphtype="drink.slot016"/>
      <Graph title="OpenNMS Drink Machine Slot 17" resourceId="node[OpenNMS Servers:1506537090950].nodeSnmp[]" timespan="1_day" graphtype="drink.slot017"/>
      <Graph title="OpenNMS Drink Machine Slot 18" resourceId="node[OpenNMS Servers:1506537090950].nodeSnmp[]" timespan="1_day" graphtype="drink.slot018"/>
      <Graph title="OpenNMS Drink Machine Slot 19" resourceId="node[OpenNMS Servers:1506537090950].nodeSnmp[]" timespan="1_day" graphtype="drink.slot019"/>
      </Report>

      So I assume the format for the resourceId has changed.

      1) If the format has changed, the installer script should look at existing reports and update them.

      2) The webUI should not destroy the report if there is an error. I was able to recreate my report (and I also had a backup) but others may not be so lucky.

        Attachments

          Activity

            People

            • Assignee:
              cgorantla Chandra Gorantla
              Reporter:
              tarus Tarus Balog
            • Votes:
              0 Vote for this issue
              Watchers:
              2 Start watching this issue

              Dates

              • Created:
                Updated:
                Resolved: