Current version: development/docs
If you are an administrator you should be able to see which monitors are available in your OpenNMS installation. To be able to configure and use this service monitors it should be possible to find all available configuration parameters.
This part of the documentation version related and has to be documented in the version controlled documentation in the module opennms-doc in the source code.
1. Assign the sub-task for the monitor to your name and "Start / Stop" workflow from JIRA, so we can see somebody is working on it.
2. Go to GitHub and choose the development/docs branch --> opennms-doc/guide-admin
3. Use the template for the monitor you want to document (opennms-doc/guide-admin/src/asciidoc/monitors/_template.adoc)
4. Name the file with the following pattern:
5. Include the new created poller.adoc file in
6. Write the documentation and GitHub pull request against the development/docs branch
7. Use in the pull request the JIRA issue number of the sub-task in the subject
8. Change the status of the JIRA issue to "Resolved", link to the pull request please
9. Review of the pull request, with possible iterations
10. Merge pull request into development/docs branch, Sub-Task is set to "Closed"
11. Assign the Wiki page with the Template:WIP with the issue number and your name (http://www.opennms.org/wiki/Template:WIP)
FYI about "remote enabled"
You can look up if a monitor is remote enable, by checking the java class of the monitor for the following annotations.
If a monitor class carries one of the following annotations it is remote enabled:
- @ Distributable
- @ Distributable(DistributionContext.ALL)
- @ Distributable(DistributionContext.REMOTE_MONITOR)
If a monitor class carries one of the following annotations it is not remote enabled:
- @ Distributable(DistributionContext.DAEMON)