We publish OCI container images on DockerHub. This topic gives an overview about some design and refactoring goals to improve the experience for our users to run OpenNMS components in containerized fashion. The high-level goals for the refactoring are:
- Integrate building and publishing the container images (OCI's) in our CI/CD infrastructure
- Make OCI's available as artifact for every branch so they can used in Smoke or System tests
- Publish releases and the "develop" branch for the next major version on DockerHub automatically
- Allow to run OCI's on OpenShift as non-root
- Streamline configuration configuration templates and allow to setup complex stacks with Kafka/SQS/ActiveMQ, ElasticSearch and Newts easier. We have to mix/match environments and property files and require some times init-containers.