Today I started to test release-30.x. I tried to configure a VMware requisition on an release-30.x OpenNMS instance.
- Open new UI
- Select "External Requisitions and Thread Pools"
- Click "Add External Requisition"
- I choose a name, choose External Source: VMWare entered, 192.168.31.130 for Host
- I also set the credentials and all of the other fields.
- When I try to save the configuration I get an error message indicating that the hostname is invalid
It seems that the regular expression which checks this field is wrong. It does not accept some IPv4 addresses (192.168.31.123 works but 192.168.31.130 does not) and furthermore it will not accept any IPv6 addresses! It seems that this check is also used for other requisition types. So, this will break provisioning for all users, that use IP-addresses in their configurations.
Another point is, that the correct spelling of VMware is with an upper-case "VM" and lower-case "ware". This must also be fixed.