Status: Closed (View Workflow)
Affects Version/s: 1.8.10
Component/s: Web UI - Admin
Security Level: Default (Default Security Scheme)
Environment:Any OpenNMS 1.8.10 instance with at least one node created via a provisioning requisition (aka provisioning group)
This issue stems from MyNMS support ticket #209.
Steps to reproduce:
0. Log in to webapp as an admin user
1. Create a new provisioning group
2. Create a node in the new provisioning group
3. Synchronize the new provisioning group
4. Go to node list
5. Click on the node created in steps 1-3
6. Click on the "Admin" link in the secondary navigation strip
7. Click on "Change Node Label"
Expected outcome: one of:
1. The webapp recognizes that this node was created via requisition, explains the situation, and directs the user to change the node's label in the requisition and re-synchronize instead
OR (probably preferable, maybe not much more work):
2. The webapp recognizes the situation, exposes the same controls, but then uses the Provisioning ReST Service to change the node label in the requisition and request a re-sync.
The webapp treats the node as it would one with no foreign-source ID. I've seen conflicting reports, one saying that the label does not change, another saying that it does change but then "snaps back" the next time the requisition is re-synchronized. Neither is correct