After upgrading from 1.8.11 -> 1.10.0, provisioning and discovery are broken or otherwise functioning in an incorrect manner.
- Previously-configured manual provisioning groups are present in the GUI ( admin -> Manage Provisioning Requisitions ), but no longer have nodes defined or in the database. Also reported as to have been never modified or synchronized.
- When you click on edit for any of the provisioning groups the GUI throws an error.
- The xml config files are still present, with the correct information, in $OPENNMS_HOME/etc/imports
- Trying to add a new provisioning group ( admin -> Manage Provisioning Requisitions -> Add New Group ) creates the new group without error, but then clicking on edit -> add node throws the GUI error.
- Immediately after upgrade, discovery no longer obeyed exclude ranges (all previously excluded ranges picked up on initial restart and provisioned).
- Deleted the bogus nodes, saved and restarted discovery, and then discovery seemed to obey the exclude ranges. The only difference I could see was that discovery.xml had slightly different entries:
(from a diff)
- <begin xmlns="">10.0.0.147</begin>
- <end xmlns="">10.0.0.147</end>
Just repeat that for every exclude range.
- Discovery picked up all nodes defined in the above-mentioned manual provisioning groups, behavior in 1.8.11 was that it would ignore nodes specified there.
Attached is a part of the jetty.log where the web UI threw an error when trying to edit any provisioning group.