A customer has the following use case:
1. Several nodes are added through auto discovery to OpenNMS
2. Capsd is disabled on the system. Provisiond is managing the discovered nodes.
3. From time to time, the customer decommission some servers and add new servers reusing IP addresses.
4. These changes means, the FQDN associated with several IP addresses have been changed.
5. When a rescan is requested for an existing node in OpenNMS, Provisiond is going to update the node's properties, and the IP/SNMP interfaces if the target node supports SNMP.
The problem is that the node's label remain untouched which is not correct in this particular case, because the FQDN was changed for an existing IP.
The current workaround is delete the node from OpenNMS and re-add it again.